How to Preserve Sustainability in 5 Crucial Warehousing Workflows
Dec 01, 2022
Material shortages and customer expectations force distributors to strive for sustainable solutions that lower labor expenses and preserve the environment. Sustainable warehousing reduces unnecessary surplus and overstocking, which improves inventory control and reduces waste. Studies show overstocking costs retailers nearly 123.4 billion per year and hurts profitability and inventory visibility. More trends show a focus on real-time data, continuous movement, and sustainability in 2023 to protect the environment and warehouse efficiency. To preserve sustainability in a modernized warehouse, experts recommend focusing on main workflows within the modern warehouse such as:
- Inventory Locationing - As more distributors are moving closer to prospective clients and urban areas
- Staff Communication - To implement dependable connectivity and support devices
- Demand Forecasting - For real-time inventory control that adapts to fluctuating product demands
- Maintenance Scheduling - To ensure your devices have the right support to expand device lifecycles and prevent downtime
- Workflow Modernization - That allow eco-friendly disposal and next-generation devices
Creating a sustainable warehouse with the right solutions.
The right technology and connectivity can lead to a revamped distribution process that integrates sustainability into operations . As distributors seek to transform operations and maintain sustainable operations, consider following these steps currently improving operations:
- Match your workflows with mobile devices built for your enterprise - Dependable technology paired with your workflows provides fewer wasted devices and longer device lifecycles for a higher ROI. Enhance device dependability with Fixed Industrial Scanners (FIS) built to withstand challenging environments and deliver accurate performance. FIS delivers 99.99% scanning accuracy and 24% more worker productivity to empower inventory management and reduce surplus stock.
- Integrate a connectivity infrastructure tailored to your warehouse space - Reliable connections and network WiFi management throughout your warehouse help improve adaptability and reduce e-waste. When your team is dependably connected, less time is spent trying to fix network and router issues which improves inventory visibility to reduce overstocking. An EXPERIENCED ENGINEERING TEAM can be valuable in surveying and tailoring network infrastructures to target dead zones and embrace new devices. When your devices work with your network, they are more valuable to your enterprise.
- Track maintenance logs and upgrades - Ineffective asset and material tracking can lead to more manual errors and overstocks. Track maintenance logs with a dependable tech support team that works to offer a faster and more dependable solution for mobile device management.
- Choose cost-effective device rentals from a range of technology manufacturers - A rental device solution leverages cost-effective solutions and dependable performance to deliver warehouse automation. Device rentals help reduce e-waste from legacy solutions so your warehouse gets optimal performance while preserving sustainability. Faster and more dependable performance from device rentals helps warehouses overcome stagnated efficiency that comes from shortages.
A sustainable warehouse cuts down on costs and waste for improved efficiency and a better environment in the supply chain. Schedule a preliminary assessment to cut down operational costs and inefficient waste.